Immerse yourself in two million years of human history, art and culture.
Book your free ticket to guarantee Museum entry and receive key information and updates before your visit. In our galleries come face-to-face with objects from the Sutton Hoo ship burial, explore the wonderful collection of the Islamic world and learn more about Egyptian mummies. Please see the list of available galleries to visit.
Exhibition tickets are available to book for Legion: life in the Roman army (1 February – 23 June 2024).
In line with current government and NHS guidance, face masks are not mandatory but visitors are welcome to wear them if they wish. The Museum maintains a robust cleaning schedule and hand sanitiser stations are available across the site.
Occasionally we may need to close galleries at short notice. We regret that we are not always able to alert visitors in advance of their visit.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Tickets are available to book for Legion: life in the Roman army (1 February – 23 June 2024).
Entering the Museum
- Entry to the Museum is via the Main entrance on Great Russell Street or the Montague Place entrance.
- On arrival please join the back of the queue, where you may be required to wait, as longer queues for ticket-holders and walk-ups can form on Great Russell Street.
- General admission ticket holders may enter the Museum anytime after their selected timeslot.
- Once you've gone through the Main entrance an easy access queuing route is available for disabled visitors, visitors with pushchairs and/or children under five, Members, exhibition and general admission ticket-holders.
- All visitors must pass through a security check which involves a bag search.
- If you require more information on accessibility for disabled visitors, please see our Accessibility at the Museum page for details.
Security and bag searches
We have a wide range of services for disabled visitors.
Find out how to make the most of your visit and plan your trip in advance on our Accessibility at the Museum page.