The British Museum is temporarily closed.
We'll continue to remain accessible online, find out more on our Museum closure page.
About Late opening on Fridays
On Friday evenings the Museum is open until 20.30.
Attend an exhibition, look around the galleries or get close to some collection highlights on a 20-minute Spotlight tour. You can also dine in the Great Court Restaurant or go to a Friday night event. Events include lectures, discussions, film screenings and performances, many of which are related to current exhibitions.
Friday night food and drink
- On Friday nights, the Great Court Restaurant is open late for dinner.
- Booking information, opening times and a sample menu are available on the Great Court Restaurant page.
- At the Court Café on the ground floor of the Great Court, sandwiches, snacks, salads, cakes, and hot and cold drinks are available.
- On Fridays between 17.30 and 20.15, you can also enjoy (weather permitting) hot and cold drinks, snacks, crêpes, ice creams and more from the food trucks on the Museum's forecourt.
- See the Food and drink page for more information.