Last entry: 19.30 (Fridays)
Book a timed slot in advance to guarantee entry for an upcoming Friday.
Start your weekend at the British Museum with late opening on Fridays.
Visit the Museum every Friday until 8.30pm. Attend an exhibition, explore the galleries or simply enjoy the largest covered public square in Europe.
- Late opening on Fridays are free to visit, just book a timed slot in advance to guarantee entry. The last timeslot is 19.00.
- Our current exhibitions will be open for evening visits. Please note there is a charge for special exhibitions.
- Most of the Museum will be available to enjoy, see below for a full list of galleries open until 20.20. Please note these are subject to close at short notice.
- The Court Cafés, situated on the ground floor of the Great Court, will serve sandwiches, snacks, salads, cakes and hot and cold drinks until 20.00. Find out more about food and drink at the Museum.
- All the Museum shops will remain open until 20.15.