From 1 June we welcome groups of any size to the Museum.
- If you plan to attend as a self-led group of 10 people or more, please book with us at least seven days in advance.
- Once you enter the Museum you're free to stay, within the stated opening hours.
- Please view the Visit page in advance to check if any galleries you plan to visit are closed.
- Tour groups are not permitted in Rooms 61, 62 or 63.
- If you're from a UK school and are bringing primary or secondary students, take a look at the dedicated page for school groups.
- If you're a travel company booking a group visit, you may be able to offer an exclusive out-of-hours tour. See our Travel Trade Tours section for details.
- If anyone in your group has accessibility needs, please see our Accessibility at the Museum page.
- Please make sure you're mindful of other visitors in the Museum. Don't block exits or entrances.
- We recommend group leaders download and read the full guidelines for visiting the British Museum as a tour group.
Private guided tours for groups
Food and drink for groups
Groups are welcome to dine in the Great Court Restaurant, but we ask that you make a separate booking for this using the contact details on the Great Court Restaurant page. Group organisers can enjoy a free meal with their restaurant booking:
- Groups of 10 to 20 people can claim one free meal
- Groups of 21 to 35 people can claim two free meals
Please refer to the Food and drink page for more details about dining at the Museum.