We welcome groups of any size to the Museum.
- If you plan to attend as a self-led group of 10 people or more, please book with us at least seven days in advance.
- Once you enter the Museum you're free to stay, within the stated opening hours.
- Please view the Visit page in advance to check if any galleries you plan to visit are closed.
- Tour groups are not permitted in Rooms 61, 62, 63 and 91a or any exhibitions.
- If you're from a UK school and are bringing primary or secondary students, take a look at the dedicated page for school groups.
- If you're a travel company booking a group visit, you may be able to offer an exclusive out-of-hours tour. See our Travel trade tours section for details.
- If anyone in your group has accessibility needs, please see our Accessibility at the Museum page.
- Please make sure you're mindful of other visitors in the Museum. Don't block exits or entrances.
- We recommend group leaders download and read the full guidelines for visiting the British Museum as a tour group.