Free wifi available – use a smartphone or tablet
Suitable for all ages
These free Museum Missions will get you and your family talking, laughing and learning as you explore the Museum with your phone or tablet.
Use this page to discover which galleries offer Museum Missions or look out for the QR codes to scan in the galleries. Spend a few minutes completing one set of challenges or make a day of it and finish them all!
Museum Missions involve five challenges:
- Find a variety of objects within the gallery.
- Perform for a video, use your phone or tablet to record your family.
- Discuss an object, use your imagination and spark a lively debate.
- Look closely at collection highlights to discover fascinating features.
- Pose for a photo shoot, alongside captivating objects.
Samsung Electronics is proud to sponsor the Digital Discovery Centre at the British Museum, as part of our global commitment to youth and education. We have been working together in partnership since 2008, developing an innovative digital learning programme offered to schools and families. We are delighted that over 20,000 visitors every year are using Samsung's latest technology to explore and discover the Museum's collection in new ways. By introducing our advanced technology into a learning environment, we hope to open the door to a world of possibilities.