Information Desk, Great Court
When: 9.00–18.00 (20.30 on Fridays)
Free access guides
BSL and audio descriptive guides available
Where: Great Court audio guide desk
When: 10.00–16.30 (19.30 on Fridays)
The British Museum is closed temporarily.
We continue to remain accessible through our digital channels. Find out more.
Find out how to make the most of your visit to the Museum.
We want to be open and accessible to all visitors to ensure that the widest number of people can enjoy the building, collection and exhibitions. We hope the following information will help you plan your visit to the Museum. If you require any further information please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7323 8971, opening hours are Mondays – Fridays, 9.00–17.00
Wheelchair reservations and Blue Badge Parking are booked through the British Museum Ticketing team. For information on how to borrow a wheelchair or obtain on-site parking, please see the 'Borrow a wheelchair' and 'Accessible parking' sections below.
Ticketing and events
- Admission to the Museum is free but there's a charge for some special exhibitions and events.
- Concessions for paying exhibitions and events and special morning tours are available for disabled visitors.
- A companion ticket is also provided free of charge.
- See a full list of accessible events at the Museum.
- See a full list of exhibitions at the Museum.