How to join
The Ottley Group makes an annual donation to the Department of Prints and Drawings in support of the acquisition of Old Master and English drawings.
If you're passionate about Old Master and English drawings, we invite you to join an engaged group of like-minded supporters.
- Ottley Members generously make an annual gift of £3,350
- Benefit value: £350
- Suggested donation: £3,000+
- The donation portion goes towards the Department of Prints and Drawings in support of Old Master drawings acquisitions.
To become part of an exclusive circle of vital supporters, please contact us today.
- An invitation to the annual Director's Dinner, set within the spectacular Great Court or main galleries.
- Invitations to the annual Patrons' Open House.
- Invitations to private views of major exhibitions.
- Invitations to select events and travel programmes related to the Ottley Group's area of support.
- Early morning views of all major exhibitions.
- Unlimited free entry to all paying exhibitions for you and a guest throughout the year.
- 10% discount at the Museum's shops, cafés and restaurant.
- Regular mailings keeping you up-to-date on Museum activities.
- Acknowledgement in the Museum's Annual review.
The Department of Prints and Drawings contains the national collection of Western prints and drawings and is one of the best collections of its kind in the world.
There are about 50,000 drawings and more than two million prints dating from the beginning of the 15th century up to the present day.
Members of the Ottley Group make an annual donation to the department in support of the acquisition of Old Master and English drawings.
The Ottley Group is named in honour of William Young Ottley (1771–1836) who was an amateur artist, pioneering scholar and collector as well as a former Keeper of the Department of Prints and Drawings at the British Museum.
Discover more about ;works funded with the Ottley Group's support.