How to join
Phone: +44 (0)20 7323 8421
Or get in touch using our form
The Contemporary and Modern Middle Eastern Art acquisition group (CaMMEA) is a dedicated group of supporters helping the Museum to acquire significant works on paper from the region.
Join this engaged group of supporters and help the British Museum share beautiful and poignant Middle Eastern works with the public.
- CaMMEA Members generously make an annual gift of £4,000
- Benefit value: £350
- Suggested donation: £3,650+
- Donations will be used to acquire new works for the collection and cover associated costs which may include, but are not limited to, maintenance of the collection (including storage and displays) and acquisition-related travel.
To become part of an exclusive circle of vital supporters, please contact us today.
- An invitation to the annual Director's Dinner, set within the spectacular Great Court or main galleries.
- Invitations to the annual Patrons' Open House.
- Invitations to private views of major exhibitions.
- Invitations to select events and travel programmes related to CaMMEA Group's area of support.
- Early morning views of all major exhibitions.
- Unlimited free entry to all paying exhibitions for you and a guest throughout the year.
- 10% discount at the Museum's shops, cafés, and restaurant.
- Regular mailings keeping you up-to-date on Museum activities.
- Acknowledgement in the Museum's Annual review.
The British Museum has collected contemporary art from the Middle East since the 1980s.
Thanks to the support of the Contemporary and Modern Middle Eastern Art Acquisitions Group (CaMMEA), the Museum now has a growing collection representing more than 200 established and emerging artists from across the region.
The support of these individuals allows the Museum to respond quickly to the contemporary art market, to be strategic in its collecting policy, and to place these works in the context of the Museum's existing Middle Eastern collections.
Discover more about works funded with CaMMEA's support.