16 Sep 2022
BP Lecture Theatre
Sign up to our emails and be the first to hear about upcoming events.
Join British Museum staff and expert guest speakers for presentations which will support A-level students studying Classical Civilisation and Ancient History.
This event will cover:
- Women in the Trojan War, with Vicky Donellan (British Museum)
- Festival women on late black-figure Athenian pottery, with Amy Smith (Reading University)
- Cleopatra: representations of powerful queens, with Rachel Mairs (Reading University)
- Agrippina the Younger and the women of Rome: imperial and domestic roles in Roman society, with Shushma Malik (Roehampton University)
View the programme schedule, full timings to follow.
Students will have the opportunity to visit the Citi exhibition Feminine power: the divine to the demonic during the school-exclusive morning session, between 10.00–12.00. To book a free viewing of the exhibition for your school, please call: +44 (0)20 7323 8181.
To attend this event
- This event is sold out.
- Students must be accompanied by a member of school staff. Home educated students are welcome with an attending adult but please note we are unable to accommodate younger siblings at this event.
- This event is aimed at A-level students aged 16+. Year 11 pupils who are interested in extending their knowledge and considering studying the relevant subjects at A-level are also welcome.