24 Sep 2021 - 18 Dec 2021
Main entrance – Great Russell Street (WC1B 3DG)
- £30 (Members)
£30 (Concessions: students, jobseekers, disabled visitors)
£16.50 (Ages 5–15 years)
Free for under 5s and disabled visitors' assistant (no booking required)
Sign up to our emails and be the first to hear about upcoming events.
Explore the oldest space in the Museum and discover the history of the collection in this special guided tour before the galleries open to the public.
In Room 1 (Enlightenment) and Room 2 (Collecting the world), you'll learn how the world was understood by Europeans in the 18th century, tracing the beginning of the British Museum and the development of the extraordinary collection. This will provide a wonderful introduction before exploring other galleries in the Museum.
- The tour will begin at 09.00 and will last for 60 minutes.
- Please meet at the Main entrance on Great Russell Street (WC1B 3DG) at 08.50 with your email confirmation.
- We're operating a phased approach and have reduced the maximum places per session from 20 to six. This capacity will increase gradually as guidelines change.
- To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, face coverings are recommended for the protection of yourself and others, unless you're exempt. Please be considerate of others – especially in smaller spaces. Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum and we recommend washing or sanitising your hands regularly. See the Visit page for more information.
- All measures are subject to change in accordance with government guidelines and Museum regulations. Further information can be found in our FAQs section.