10 Jun 2023–29 Jul 2023
Main entrance – Great Russell Street (WC1B 3DG)
- £30 (Members)
£30 (Concessions: students, jobseekers, disabled visitors)
£16.50 (Ages 5–15 years)
Free for under 5s and disabled visitors' assistant (no booking required)
Sign up to our emails and be the first to hear about upcoming events.
Embark on a guided journey through the ancient Greek world; from the rise of the Greek city states to the empire of Alexander the Great.
Enjoy some of the highlights of the collection, including sculptures from the Parthenon and the Mausoleum of Halikarnassos, regarded as one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
This tour provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the galleries before public opening hours.
Galleries on this tour:
- Room 12b: Greece: Mycenaeans (The Arthur I Fleischman Gallery)
- Room 15: Athens and Lycia
- Room 18: Greece: Parthenon
- Room 21: Mausoleum of Halikarnassos
- Room 22: The World of Alexander
- The tour will begin at 09.00 and will last for 60 minutes.
- Please meet at the Main entrance on Great Russell Street (WC1B 3DG) at 08.50 with your email confirmation.
- This tour is limited to a maximum of 20 places per session. If you would like to bring a group of 10 or more people or arrange a special out-of-hours tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
- Please note that there is no level access at present to Room 21: Mausoleum of Halikarnassos.
- To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, face coverings are recommended for the protection of yourself and others, unless you’re exempt. Please be considerate of people and exercise social distancing where you can – especially in smaller spaces. Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum and we recommend washing or sanitising your hands regularly. Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum and we recommend washing or sanitising your hands regularly. See the Visit page for more information.
- All measures are subject to change in accordance with government guidelines and Museum regulations. Further information can be found in our FAQs section.