10 Dec 2023 – 31 Mar 2024
Main entrance – Great Russell Street (WC1B 3DG)
- £30 (Members)
£30 (Concessions: students, jobseekers, disabled visitors)
£16.50 (Ages 5–15 years)
Free for under 5s and disabled visitors' assistant (no booking required)
Sign up to our emails and be the first to hear about upcoming events.
Discover the fascinating history of ancient Egypt and explore one of the most iconic spaces in the Museum before it opens to the public.
In the Egyptian sculpture gallery (Room 4), you can see impressive statues of kings and gods, monumental tomb architecture and ancient tomb reliefs spanning 3,000 year. These include the imposing colossal bust of Ramesses II and the Gayer-Anderson Cat.
Learn about the importance of large-scale sculpture in ancient Egyptian temples, tombs and much more in this special guided tour.
- The tour will begin at 09.00 and will last for 60 minutes.
- Please meet at the Main entrance on Great Russell Street (WC1B 3DG) at 08.50 with your email confirmation.
- This tour is limited to a maximum of 20 places per session. If you would like to bring a group of 10 or more people or arrange a special out-of-hours tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
- To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, face coverings are recommended for the protection of yourself and others, unless you’re exempt. Please be considerate of people and exercise social distancing where you can – especially in smaller spaces. Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum and we recommend washing or sanitising your hands regularly. See the Visit page for more information.
- All measures are subject to change in accordance with government guidelines and Museum regulations. Further information can be found in our FAQs section.