4 Apr 2023 - 12 Apr 2023
- £35 (Members)
Not a Member?
Find out about Membership benefits.
Join us for a private tour of The Waddesdon Bequest.
Held before the Museum opens to the public, this special tour of The Waddesdon Bequest (Room 2a), funded by The Rothschild Foundation, offers a unique and in-depth look at this fascinating gallery.
The Waddesdon Bequest is a collection of nearly 300 objects, left to the Museum in 1898 by Baron Ferdinand Rothschild MP (1839–98). It consists of exceptionally important medieval and Renaissance pieces, as well as a number of 19th-century fakes. Together, they paint a fascinating picture of the development of the art market in the late 19th century.
- These private tours run from 09.00–10.00 on the following days:
- To book by phone, please call +44 (0)20 7323 8195.
- Please note that a limited number of tickets will be available for this tour, to ensure Members have the best experience when visiting.
- Please meet 10 minutes before the start time at the Great Russell Street Main entrance in front of the Museum. View the Museum map for more information
- This tour includes a complimentary hot drink in the Members' Room following the event.
- Face coverings are recommended for the protection of yourself and others, unless you're exempt.