27 Aug 2022
Please note this event only runs on specific days and at different times.
Meet at the Information desk in the Great court.
- Members: free
Disabled person's assistant: free
Sign up to our emails and be the first to hear about upcoming events.
Join Edward Richards for a British Sign Language (BSL) tour of the British Museum's ancient Greek galleries.
Exploring some 400 years of the history of ancient Greece through key objects in the Museum collection, this tour goes from the rise of the Greek city states to the golden age of Athens, to the 200-year period following the death of Alexander the Great.
The tour begins with the rise of the Greek city states to the golden age of Athens, to the 200-year period following the death of Alexander the Great.
Galleries on this tour:
- Room 12b: Greece: Mycenaeans (The Arthur I Fleischman Gallery)
- Room 13: Greece 1050–520 BC
- Room 15: Athens and Lycia
- Room 17: Nereid Monument
- Room 18: Greece: Parthenon
- Room 21: Mausoleum of Halikarnassos
- Room 23: Greek and Roman sculpture
This event is in BSL only, with no voiceover or captions.
- This event runs on the following days:
- 18.00–19.00 on Thursday 16 June
- 10.30–11.30 on Saturday 27 August
- Book now to secure your place.
- Please meet at the Information desk in the Great Court.
- If you have any access requirements or need assistance booking this event please email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)20 7323 8971.