Phone: +44 (0)20 7323 8016
From site visit, administration and pre-planning through to managing your filming day, the Museum has dedicated staff to guide you through every stage of the process.
Researching your proposal
We can help you plan and research your programme before making a proposal.
To arrange a viewing or ask about any of the spaces in the British Museum, please call the Commercial Hire Department on +44 (0)20 7323 8016.
Completing the proposal form
The Broadcast Unit will take forward all reasonable requests. Please fill out the proposal form as fully as possible, answering all questions.
- Download proposal form
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all requests must comply with the Terms and conditions for filming at the British Museum.
What happens next?
You'll be contacted as soon as possible to discuss your programme. If your request can be accommodated you'll need to submit a technical application form, a risk assessment form and the filming contract.
Throughout the process, please feel free to contact the Commercial Hire Department for information about your proposal.
Other useful contacts
- For commercial photography for a publication or copyright information
- For press releases or further information about the Museum
- For marketing and advertising enquiries
- For enquiries about the collection, customer services or visitor operations