Phone: +44 (0)20 7323 8016
The Arched Room was built between 1837 and 1839. It formed the ground floor of the northwest extension to the Museum building designed by Sir Robert Smirke.
The room was used for book storage until the British Library moved to a new building in St Pancras in 1998.
The Arched Room is now used by the Department of the Middle East as a students' room, departmental library and archive. It also stores the reserve collection of cuneiform tablets.
After 16.00, Mondays – Fridays
Only cold-lamp/low-level lighting is permitted