Please don't contact curators directly.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7323 8016
Whether you're looking to make films, documentaries, adverts, radio programmes or conduct research, the British Museum has the resources to help.
You'll be guided through every stage of the process. From site visit, administration and pre-planning through to managing your filming day, the Museum has dedicated staff to help you.
If you're looking for footage of our objects and spaces and don't have time to film, we have a growing archive of high-quality video footage which we license to programme-makers.
Contact BM Images if you'd like to license existing footage.
Filmed at the British Museum
If you decide to film at the Museum, you'll be in good company. The following were all filmed here:
- The Wakefield Case (1921)
- Blackmail (1929) (low-level light meant Hitchcock used photographic backdrops)
- Bulldog Jack (1935)
- Night of the Demon (1957)
- Phaedra (1962)
- The Ipcress File (1965)
- Day of the Jackal (1973)
- Maurice (1987)
- Tale of the Mummy (1998)
- The Mummy Returns (2001)
- Possession (2002)
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014)
- Justice League (2017)
- Wonder Woman (2017) (not set in the museum)
- Gold Digger (2019) BBC Drama
- Ammonite (2019)