- Museum number
Wooden box in the shape of a book with the title 'Egyptian papyri'. In the compartments inside are 6 rolls of linen bandages labelled 'Zouche No. 1-6'; no. 6 has disintegrated and is heavily stained with bitumen. There is no trace of text on any of the bandages.
In another compartment are various documents:
1. 10 photographs on postcards of Coptic textiles with a note 'Found among P.E. Newberry's papers. I.E.S.E.[dwards]'
2. A blue envelope addressed to Edwards with a frgament of Coptic textile inside.
3. A British Museum envelope addressed to Edwards containing sdocuments realting to the Zouche Papyri including, notes from papers in the Director's office regarding the Curzon's bequest made by T.C.Skeat.
4. A note 'For Mr. Budge. Papyri from Lord Zouche - not to be unrolled before communicating with Lord Z.'
5. A small envelope marked 'Fragments of papyrus' containing fragments of papyrus in hieroglyphic and hieratic script.
6. A large note dated 15-XII-31 marked 'Zouche Collection' with a full list of the Egyptian material.
- Curator's comments
- Previously unregistered material.
- Not on display
- Egypt and Sudan
- BM/Big number
- Registration number