- Museum number
Measuring(?) vessel of banded calcite; two handles beneath rim; three handles on lid; capacity inscribed on side.
Height: 26.70 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- A group of papers were found in the vessel (April 2001), ahead of a loan to Barcelona:
* A signed statement in Italian, stating the vase was acquired in Rosetta on May 28th 1819, by the "British agent in Rosetta, Mr. Lenzi".
* A translation of the above, seemingly in Birch's handwriting
* Some jottings on the inscription
* Another note, in English, mentioning Mr. Lenzi
Published: Sacred Food, Barcelona 2001, p. 186 .
- On display (G1/wp24)
- Exhibition history
1989 Jan-Mar, South Florida Science Museum, Imhotep's Egypt: Discovering Ancient Egyptian Technology
1989 Apr-Jun, Miami, Museum of Science, Imhotep's Egypt: Discovering Ancient Egyptian Technology
1989 Jul-Aug, Jacksonville Museum of Science History, Imhotep's Egypt: Discovering Ancient Egyptian Technology
2001 30 Jun-30 Sep, Barcelona, Sacred Food
- Egypt and Sudan
- BM/Big number
- Registration number
- Additional IDs
Miscellaneous number: BS.4659 (Birch Slip Number)