- Museum number
Part of a black granite figure (?): at the top of this fragment are the remains of probably three figures, and below them are incised the names of Ramses II and Queen Nefertari. There are the remains of four vertical columns of incised hieroglyphs on the front of the piece and three horizontal lines of text on the curved right shoulder. The original monument has been badly broken, and only this fragment of the front and right side survives. There are traces of yellow paint in the hieroglyphs on the side.
Diameter: 9.20 centimetres
Height: 8.90 centimetres
Width: 16.30 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- Fragments of this monument have been discovered by the Polish expedition to Deir el-Bahri. to be published by Dr. J. Lipinska in the Deir el-Bahri series.
E. Naville, 'The XIth Dynasty temple at Dier el-Bahari’ III (London, 1913), 6-7, pls. XIC and XV12:
B. Porter & R. Moss, 'Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs and Paintings' II (Part 2) (Oxford: Clarendon Press), 395 without BM number;
K.A. Kitchen, 'Ramesside Inscriptions' 2 (Oxford, 1979), 849, no. 303(A).
- Not on display
- Fair; the original monument has been badly broken, and only this fragment of the front and right side survives.
- Acquisition date
- Egypt and Sudan
- BM/Big number
- Registration number