- Museum number
Lamp (mosque), made of blue, turquoise, white painted and glazed pottery. The lamp has a bulbous body with three suspension handles, a narrow moulded shoulder and a flaring trumpet neck, standing on a short foot-ring. It is painted in shades of cobalt blue and turquoise with pointed lobed medallions enclosing interlace motifs separated by prunus sprays reserved on a brushed cobalt ground. The neck with a similar though smaller scale design to the body. A band of cable ornament and beading at the juncture of the neck and the shoulder; a further cable band below the rim. The handles with horizontal stripes between vertical scrolled strokes. A row of dotted spots in reserve above the foot-ring. The slightly domical base with a pierced central opening. Three metal suspension cables with a pierced coloured glass bead.
- Production date
- 1535-1545 (circa)
Diameter: 8.50 centimetres (foot)
Diameter: 13.50 centimetres (max)
Diameter: 12.40 centimetres (rim)
Height: 16.40 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- G. 1983.9 a bowl and 1887.6-16.7 a dish with pointed lobed medallions and prunus in reserve.
- Not on display
- Vertical cracks to the rim with section of restoration, discoloured; minor glaze chips to handles; base aperture has been plugged.
- Acquisition date
- Middle East
- Registration number
- Additional IDs
Miscellaneous number: Godman 10