- Museum number
Dish. Made of polychrome glazed pottery. The dish has a shallow well and broad flattened rim, on a short ground-down foot-ring. It is painted in brushed cobalt blue, viridian green and bole red outlined in black with an European coat-of-arms, possibly of the Venetian family of Morosini or the Dalmatian family Spingarolli de Dessa, set between curved symmetrical sprays of prunus and campanulas with scattered cloud-scroll fragments touching the double line border. The reverse with five single rosettes between pairs of tulips. The base with a single line black roundel.
- Production date
- 1575 (circa)
Diameter: 8.20 centimetres (foot)
Diameter: 20.10 centimetres
Height: 2.80 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- The shape of the dish shows the influence of Italian maiolica.
Compare: 1878.12-30.491; and 1878.12-30.489 a larger dish from the same armorial service.
- Not on display
- Hairline crack to rim; one small glaze chip to rim.
- Acquisition date
- Middle East
- Registration number