- Museum number
- Object: The Bernese Oberland. Twelve scenes among its peaks and lakes.
Book containing 12 views of Switzerland, with a title page, 4 pages of introductory text, table of contents, and explanation of the individual prints throughout; bound in purple cloth-covered boards with the title in gold stamping on the front cover, London, 1874
Lithographs, with hand-colouring, individually titled as follows:
1) 'The Gletscherhorn, from above Interlaken.'
2) 'The town and castle of Thun.'
3) 'The Viescherhorn and Under Grindelwald Glacier'
4) 'The Jungfrau, from near Interlaken.'
5) 'Sunset on the lake of Lucerne.'
6) 'The Schreckhorn, from near Grindelwald.'
7) 'The Staubbach, from Lauterbrunnen.'
8) 'The Monch, form above the lake of Thun.'
9) 'The lake of Lucerne - Pilatus by moonlight.'
10) 'The Doldenhorn, from near the lake of Thun.'
11) 'The Wetterhorn - evening.'
12) 'The Eiger, from the north-east.'
- Production date
Height: 300 millimetres (approx. size of image)
Height: 430 millimetres (book)
Width: 220 millimetres
Width: 340 millimetres
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- UNDER THE TERMS OF THE BEQUEST, NONE OF THE PRINTS OR DRAWINGS BEQUEATHED BY R. W. LLOYD MAY BE LENT OUTSIDE THE BRITISH MUSEUM (Registration Numbers 1958,0712.318 to 3149).
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number