- Museum number
- Object: Collection of alpine views by Jean-Philippe Linck
Album containing unnumbered 7 views of Geneva and its alpine region; half-bound in brown leather and board covers, Geneva
Etching and aquatint, with hand-colouring, individually titled as follows:
1) 'Vue de la Ville de Genève'
2) 'Vue du Mont Blanc 2ème'
3) 'Vue du Mont-Blanc, 3me'
4) 'Vue du Mont-Blanc, 4me'
5) 'Vue du Bourg de Chamonix'
6) 'Vue de la Voûte du Chapeau'
7) 'Vue de la Mer de Glace'
- Production date
- 1800 ((circa))
Height: 432 millimetres (album)
Height: 345 millimetres (approx. size of image)
Width: 490 millimetres
Width: 555 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- See 1958,0712.1849, 1958,0712.1836-1837, 1958,0712.1839-1841, 1958,0712.1851, 1958,0712.1848 and 1958,0712.1845 for individual impressions of prints from this series.
The fourth print in the sequence of the album has a different publisher's address, 'à Montbrillant près Genève chez l'Auteur.' Therefore it was published at a later date when Linck had moved from Geneva to Montbrillant where he died in 1812; it is also the only one in the album that is printed on wove paper.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- UNDER THE TERMS OF THE BEQUEST, NONE OF THE PRINTS OR DRAWINGS BEQUEATHED BY R. W. LLOYD MAY BE LENT OUTSIDE THE BRITISH MUSEUM (Registration Numbers 1958,0712.318 to 3149).
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number