- Museum number
- Object: Travels through the Rhaetian alps in the year MDCCLXXXVI. from Italy to Germany, through Tyrol
Book containing 10 unnumbered views of Italy and Germany, with a title-page, a dedication to Prince William Frederick, 2 pages of introductory text by the author, table of contents, a topographical map of the itinerary, 82 pages of text by Jean François Albanis de Beaumont and 2 pages of explanation of the individual prints; half-bound in blue leather and blue cloth-covered boards, with gold stamped titles on the front and the spine, London, 1792
Aquatints, with etching, individually titled as follows:
1) A topographical map of the itinerary with indication of points of interest throughout, titled 'Chart of places connected with the Route from Venice to Fussen in Swabia.'
2) 'the pass of Chiusa and distant Mountains near Belluno and Ossenigo'
3) 'The Summit of the Brenner Mountain.'
4) 'The Verner Mountains, as seen from Inspruck.'
5) 'The valley of Inspruck.'
6) 'Barriere of the Tyrol at Vernstein Castle with the Mountains on the Borders of Bavaria.'
7) 'The Barriere at the Castle of Ehremberg.'
8) 'Cataract of the River Lech.'
9) 'Course of the Lech towards Fussen'
10) 'The Midday Regale of the Tyrolese'
11) 'The Evening Regale of the Tyrolese'
- Production date
Height: 260 millimetres (approx. size of image)
Height: 548 millimetres (book)
Width: 370 millimetres
Width: 379 millimetres
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- UNDER THE TERMS OF THE BEQUEST, NONE OF THE PRINTS OR DRAWINGS BEQUEATHED BY R. W. LLOYD MAY BE LENT OUTSIDE THE BRITISH MUSEUM (Registration Numbers 1958,0712.318 to 3149).
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number