- Museum number
- Object: Imago Sacelli quod S. Ignatio de Loyola Conditori Societatis Iesu erectum est in Templo Domus Professae Romanae eiusdem Societatis, in quo Sacra eius ossa venerantur. An.MDCXCVII
View of the chapel of S. Ignatius with the statue of the saint by Pierre Le Gros and the frescoes by Andrea Pozzo in the left transept of the Gesù in Rome, 1697
- Production date
Height: 615 millimetres
Width: 374 millimetres (platemark)
- Curator's comments
- See Richard Bösel & L. Salviucci Insolera, 'AP pittore e architetto Gesuita', Rome (ING) 2010, cat.03.05, and for the original copper plate (which is in the Calcografia in Rome) , cat.08.07. The plate was commissioned on 20 May 1695, when Pozzo had won the competition for the altar, and published in 1697, although the chapel was only finished in 1704.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- The prints 1936,0810.1 to 36 all come from an album formerly in the Wrest Park library.
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number