- Museum number
Object: Veduta del Tempio di Vesta
Series: Nuova Collezione di Vedute di Roma
View of the Temple of Vesta, Rome.
- Production date
- 1780-1818 (c.)
Height: 125 millimetres
Width: 168 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- Closely related to an etching of by Duflos published in Fausto Amidei's 'Varie Vedute di Roma' (see 1923,0209.1.61).
The Temple of Vesta was originally dedicated upon its construction in circa 100BC to Ercole Vittore. It was first converted into a church in the 12th century, in the 16th century was renamed San Stefano delle Carrozze and in the 17th century was rededicated to Santa Maria del Sole. As in Duflos's etching, the temple was modified for use as a church, but has now been restored to its original form.
Part of a bound volume of 55 plates depicting Rome and Ancient Roman antiquities. See 1915,1211.2.1-55 for entire series and 1915,1211.2.3 for further comment.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number