book of prints
- Museum number
- Object: A Selection of Etchings by the Etching Club
"A Selection of Etchings by the Etching Club" (London, Joseph Cundall and Thomas Bosworth) 1865; containing 12 etchings on various genre and landscape subjects. Bound with letterpress titlepage and contents in original maroon boards with gold-tooled title.
Etchings, printed on chine collé
- Production date
Height: 450 millimetres (sheet size of each page)
Width: 315 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- Etchings, as listed in the table of contents, are as follows:
1. Happy Spring-time, by John E. Millais, R.A.
2. A Roughish Road by the Loch side, by Thomas Creswick, R.a.
3. A Day's Hunting in the Fens, by Frederick Tayler, President of the Society of Painters in Water Colours
4. The Herdsman, by Samuel Palmer, Member of the Society of Painters in Water Colours
5. The Park, by Richard Ansdell, A.R.A.
6. the Day in the Country, by W. Holman Hunt
7. Summer Woods, by Richard Redgrave, R.A.
8. The Duenna's Return, by John C. Horsley, A.R.A.
9. The Portrait, by George B. O'Neill
10. The Spring Flood, by C. W. Cope. R.A.
11. Gathering Eggs from the Cliff, by James C. Hook, R.A.
12. A Study in Kensington Gardens, by Seymour Haden, F.R.C.S.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number