newspaper/periodical(Issues of a periodical bound as a book);
- Museum number
Reid 4866. "The Pocket Magazine. 1821. Vol 1." Bound in red cloth, lettered on the spine: "The Pocket Magazine. 1828. Vol 1. 12 Engravings. 3s 6d." A series of short stories and articles with illustrations by various artists.
Lettered on the title page "The Pocket Magazine. Robins's Series. 1828. Vol 1."
1. With a vignette illustration "Dismiss the Maiden, Sir Roger de Calverley's Ghost." Lettered beneath the image: A. Crowquill del. T.S. Engelhearst. With the publisher's details at the foot of the page: "London. James Robins & Co Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row, 1825."
2. Reid 3265 "The indulgent landlord." A dance at the wedding of Mary Tobin and the young Jackson of Ballimurin (initialled G.C. in the floor) Headpiece to a short story "The Gomulagh." p.1. Vol1. Jan 1828.
3. Headpiece to an article entitled "Travels in Siciily and the Lipari Islands." p 53. Vol 1. Feb 1828.
4. Headpiece to an article entitled "The sea sprite." p.105. Vol 1. March 1828.
5. Headpiece illustration to "Narrative of a journey through the upper provinces of India. p.157. Vol 1. April 1828.
6. Headpiece to "Retzsch's Shakespeare." p.209 Vol 1. May 1828.
7. Illustration plate to "The Epicurean." p.246. Below the image: "Drawn by Henry Courbould. Engraved by Charles Rolls." "The Epicurean. Stay beautiful vision stay: Published May 1, 1828 by James Robins & Co, Ivy Lane, London."
8. Headpiece illustration to "The Lovers of Leganez; a Spanish tale." p 261. Vol 1. June, 1828.
9. Illustration plate to "The Epicurean."p.303 Below the image: "Drawn by Henry Courbould. Engraved by Charles Rolls." "The Epicurean. Her head sunk upon my arm and I saw that she was dying! Published June 1, 1828 by James Robins & Co, Ivy Lane, London."
Letterpress periodical bound as a book with wood engraved and engraved illustrations
- Production date
Height: 152 millimetres (approx. page height)
Width: 96 millimetres (approx. page width)
- Curator's comments
- Editions on a periodical, Jan-Jun 1828 bound together as a book.
see 1865,1111.1206 for the 1824 edition of the "Ladies' Pocket Magazine." Also published by J. Robins.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number