- Museum number
Reid 4922. Part 3 of an illustrated book entitled, 'Minor Morals for young people. Illustrated in tales and travels.'
With illustrations by George Cruikshank . Bound in blue/ black textile. Lettered on the spine: "Minor morals, part III, John Bowring."
Lettered on the title-page: "Minor morals for young people illustrated in tales and travels, particularly in the East. By John Bowring. With illustrations by George Cruikshank. Part III."
With the publisher's details at the foot of the page:
"Edinburgh: William Tait, 78 Princes Street; Simpkin, Marshall and Co., London: and John Cumming, Dublin. MDCCCXXXIX."
Verso: "London: Printed by Charles Reynell, Little Pulteney Street."
With the following illustration plates:
1. Reid 2017. 'Divan of the Sheriff.' (to face page p.25.)
2. Reid 2018. 'Crocodile catcher.' p40
3. Reid 2019. 'The peri and the tailor. p.49
4. Reid 2020. 'Locust destroyers.' p.92
5. Reid 2021. 'The wandering Jew.' 96
6. Reid 2020. 'The vampire.' p.117
Letterpress book with etched illustrations
- Production date
Height: 169 millimetres (approx. page height)
Width: 106 millimetres (approx. page width)
- Curator's comments
- The first of three volumes (See Volume 1, 184.d.30 1865,1111, 1597-1605 and Volume 2, 184.d.31. 1865.1111, 1606-1610.)
Published in London, Edinburgh and Dublin.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number