- Museum number
Object: West View of the Gate of Cambridge Castle, Cambridgeshire
Series: Antiquities of St Mary's Chapel at Stourbridge near Cambridge
A ruined square gatehouse with pointed arched windows and door, the nearest wall half destroyed in the centre, with a wooden fence around one side; two men outside the front door and a steep decline on the left.
- Production date
Height: 223 millimetres
Width: 294 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- For further details of the series and publication, see 1868,0711.632.
The gatehouse, the last surviving part of the castle dating back to Normans but much rebuilt over the centuries, was demolished in 1842.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number