- Museum number
Satirical illustration to "The Whigs Unmask'd: Being the Secret History of the Calf's Head Club" (1713), showing the destruction of Dr Daniel Burgess's meeting-house in Carey Street on 1 March 1710. On the right is the facade of the building with rioters clambering over it and removing timbers, doors, an hour-glass, cushion etc. In the backfround a bonfire burns in Lincoln's Inn Fields. In the foreground, to left, two gentlemen look on, and a man wearing an archaic uniform and the badge "A.R." ("Anna Regina") holds a long wig aloft.
- Production date
Height: 150 millimetres (printed area)
Width: 98 millimetres (printed area)
- Curator's comments
- For the Calves' Head Club, and for related illustrations, see 1858,0626.651.1.
- Not on display
- Associated titles
Associated Title: The Whigs Unmask'd: Being the Secret History of the Calf's-Head-Club
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number