- Museum number
Reid 4888. Wood engraved illustrations to a letterpress script for 'Tom Thumb: A burletta altered from Henry Fielding.' with illustrations by George Cruikshank.'
Lettered on the title-page: "Tom Thumb; a burletta, altered from henry Fielding by Kane O'Hara. With Designs by George Cruikshank."
With the publisher's details at the foot of the page:
"London: Thomas Rodd, Great Newport Street. MDCCCXXX."
With the following illustration plates:
1. Reid 3629. 'Frontispiece.'
2. Reid 3630. 'Vignette on the title-page.'
3. Reid 3631. Act 1, Scene 4. King Arthur and the ghost of Gaffer Thumb.
4. Reid 3632. Act 1, Scene 5. Huncamunca, Frizaletta and Lord Grizzle.
5. Reid 3633. Act 2, Scene 3. Glumdala, Grizzle and Tom Thumb.
6. Reid 3634. Act 2, Scene 4. Merlin and Thumb.
7. Reid 3635. Vignette on tail-piece.
Bound with three publications illustrated by George Cruikshank in brown, leather effect binding lettered on the spine: "Illustrations by G. Cruikshank. 1830."
Letterpress and wood engraving
- Production date
Height: 158 millimetres (approx. page height)
Width: 90 millimetres (approx. page width)
- Curator's comments
- Description based on GW Reid: 'A descriptive catalogue of the works of George Cruikshank.' 1871
- Not on display
- Associated titles
Associated Title: 'Twelve sketches illustrative of Sir Walter Scott's Demonology and witchcraft.' (Bound in the same volume)
Associated Title: 'Bombastes furioso.' (Bound in the same volume.)
- Acquisition date
- Prints and Drawings
- Registration number