- Museum number
Small stoneware dish (salt cellar ?) on four feet, glazed in mottled buff and brown with moulded decoration on the exterior, the interior with plain matt beige glaze. Factory mark on base.
- Production date
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- Part of a group of 13 ceramics by J. J. Scharvogel, inherited by Mr E. Ohly from the artist, his grandfather, and offered to the Museum to join the existing collections of German applied art of around 1900. Scharvogel's daughter, Gertrud, married Mr E. Ohly's father, William Ohly, scuptor and modeller for Scharvogel, in 1919.
- Britain, Europe and Prehistory
- Registration number