- Museum number
Egg-cup, earthenware; with matt yellow glaze.
- Production date
Height: 45 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- Made at Haël Werkstätten, Marwitz. The name 'Haël' was derived from the initial letters of Margret Marks's maiden name, Heymann, and that of her first husband, Gustav Loebenstein (died 1928), with whom she established the factory in 1923. It was closed by the Nazis in 1934.
The monogram HB stands for Hedwig Bollhagen who took over the factory following its closure in 1934. She took over Margret Marks' models as well. This is a Marks design but with Bollhagen's monogram.
See also 1994,5-4,1-41
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- Owned by the artist until her death in 1990 and in the possesion of her husband, the donor, since then. The pieces made in Germany (1995,5-4,1-37), brought with her when she left in 1936.
- Britain, Europe and Prehistory
- Registration number