- Museum number
- Series: The Armada Service
Dish; parcel-gilt; reeded rim; engraved with arms of Sir Christopher Harris of Radford near Plymouth, placed on upper rim and marks directly below on lower rim; engraved with complex Harris arms; re-gilded rim.
- Production date
Diameter: 398 millimetres
Weight: 1225.50 grammes
- Curator's comments
- See "The 'Armada Service': A Set of Late Tudor Dining Silver" - Dora Thornton (Antiquaries Journal 1996 Vol 76) JH [10/99]
Found with 1992,0614.1-26
Displayed in BM exhibition, A New World, Summer 2007
See T.Schroder, English Silver before the Civil War, the David Little collection, London 2015, pp.59-60 and cat.16 for two dishes which are almost certainly from this set and which are referred back to Thornton and Cowell article in 1996.
- On display (G46/dc7)
- Exhibition history
1994 15 Feb-15 May, Birmingham, Museum & Art Gallery, The Armada Service
1993-1994 16 Oct-6 Feb, Bristol, City Museum & Art Gallery, The Armada Service
1993 27 May-2 Oct, Plymouth, City Museum & Art Gallery, The Armada Service
- Repair on underside of rim at 4 o'clock; tear in rim at 2 o'clock.
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- Found in a potato store 1827.
- Britain, Europe and Prehistory
- Registration number