- Museum number
Watercolour of a mosaic from Widford, Geometric design.
Fragment of a mosaic with scheme of interlaced octagons forming squares flanked by irregular hexagons. Each square contains an open square, and each hexagon a solid red oblong hexagon.
- Production date
Length: 387 millimetres (Frame)
Length: 180 millimetres (Image)
Width: 350 millimetres (Frame)
Width: 145 millimetres (Image)
- Curator's comments
- The original mosaic was found in 1904 during church restoration. It dates to the fourth century AD. It is in situ, preserved in the chancel of St Oswald's Church, Widford, Oxfordshire.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Britain, Europe and Prehistory
- Registration number