- Museum number
Plaque of earthenware, the front covered in blue-grey, presumed tin glaze; back and sides unglazed. Front painted with a scene of the Adoration of the Magi, with attendants and animals including camels; in the sky two angels. On a tablet on a building to the left is the date "1527" and the `pallone mark' (resembling an inflatable ball).
- Production date
Height: 44 millimetres
Thickness: 17 millimetres
Width: 34.60 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- For cup with School of Athens attributed to the Master of the Bergantini bowl and dated 1524, see Charles Dominique Fuchs, Maioliche Rinascimentali del museo statale d'arte medioevale e moderna di Arezzo, Arezzo 1993, p.168 cat.42.
Bibliography: Liverani 1939 p.6.
- On display (G46/dc2)
- Exhibition history
1995-1996 25 Oct-21 Jan, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire County Museum, We Three Kings
1989 12 Sep-15 Oct, Glasgow, Art Gallery & Museum, Ceramics for the Italian Renaissance
1989 22 Jan-2 Apr, Stoke-on-Trent, City Museum & Art Gallery, Ceramic Art of the Italian Renaissance
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- Bernal Sale lot 1934 Christie's 5 March - 30 April 1855.
- Britain, Europe and Prehistory
- Registration number
- Additional IDs
Miscellaneous number: BL.1934