- Museum number
Rectangular marble sepulchral chest, chest and base separate, decorated with rams heads, birds, griffins and fruit garlands, two tablets inscribed in Latin, partially reconstructed.
Height: 29 centimetres (without lid)
Length: 52.50 centimetres
- Not on display
- Acquisition notes
- Recorded in register CIL VI, 15451. It was in the Villa Montalt in about 1666, Villa Negroni in the middle of the 18th century and later in Hoton Hall in England. From then in the collection of Edward Cheney Esq of Bagn Hall, Shropshire, which passed to Francis Capel-Cure Esq and was sold by him in May 1905.
- Greek and Roman
- Registration number