- Museum number
Wood dancing club, with a curved flat blade and incised decoration in the form of chevrons, zig-zags, fish, birds and canoe prows.
- Production date
Length: 35.30 inches
- Curator's comments
- Register 1949
Collected between 1880 and 1890 by the late admiral Carruthers, then Engineer-lieutenant on board the survey ship HMS Ringdove.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- Register reads for collection Oc1949,05:
Given by Mrs. D. Carruthers, Beaconscott, Vincent Road, Selsey, Sussex.
Collected between 1880 and 1890 by the late admiral Carruthers, then Engineer-Lieutenant on board the survey ship H.M.S. Ringdove.
As HMS Ringdove was stationed in Australia from 1890 to 1901, this object would actually have been collected in the 1890s.
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number