- Museum number
Spear of wood, coloured with red pigment. Five carved barbs on wooden head which is joined to staff with fibre and black gum.
- Production date
- 19thC (before 1846)
Length: 304 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- Description from Extracts from the British and Medieval Register 1757-1878, p. 83:
9. Another spear with long barbs, retiring, length 10 ft. Port Essington, New Holland.
- Not on display
- Point broken. Two barbs broken. Some missing patches of gum.
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- B & M Extracts: 'Presented by Lieutenant Ince of H.M. Ship Fly, 1846'
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number