- Museum number
Arrow made of reed shaft and palm wood head. Plaited bands at junction.
- Production date
- 19thC (before 1869)
- Curator's comments
See Christy Correspondence (File 'V')
'Ethnographic Collection for Sir John Lubbock' [from the Government of Victoria]. There are two copies of the list which gives further information about the objects. One of these is annotated to show how the collection was divided between the BM [+5586-5677], J Edge Partington and the Natural History Museum.
Christy collection registration slip description, written in 1891?:
New Guinea Redscar Bay
3 arrows, jointed reed shafts palmwood heads cut in stages, two large barbs below and on each a deeply engraved band of conventional design filled with white & red, plaited bands at junction.
[No original number recorded]
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- 1891 (13 August 1891)
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number
- Additional IDs
CDMS number: Oc1891C2.5646a-c (old CDMS no.)