- Museum number
Basket of pandanus (?) fibre, open twined with remnants of red and black ochre decoration. A handle made from two-ply twisted vegetable fibre cords.
- Production date
- late 19thC to early 20thC (before 1912?)
Height: 73 centimetres
Width: 25 centimetres
Depth: 8 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- Tied-on label: 1 x large bag for/carrying food grass fibre/Port Essington
Similar brown card collection labels on the other John P Rogers collection which came to the Museum in 1939.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- 1939 (see curatorial comments)
- Acquisition notes
- Possibly part of the Oc1939,08 collection.
Collected by J P Rogers, ornithologist, before 1912, in Australia.
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number
- Additional IDs
Miscellaneous number: 294 (duplicate inventory number)