- Museum number
Decorated log or house-pole (house-board) made of wood with pointed ends. Covered in red ochre, with white pigment and decoration of black and yellow bands.
- Production date
- 19thC to early 20thC (before 1925?)
Height: 131.50 centimetres
Width: 5.60 centimetres
Depth: 5.40 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- See Oc1925,1113.25 for similarities:
1925 register description:
25. Wooden house-pole - circular in section- very worn & much damaged by insects - retains traces of red & black painting on yellow.
- Not on display
- Acquisition date
- 1925 (likely)
- Acquisition notes
- This house-pole is likely from the G. H. Wilkins collection that came to the Museum in 1925.
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number