35mm slide (photographic)(colour)
- Museum number
Slide (colour); a group of Bufalmin men and boys standing and sitting in a grassy area, waiting to be paid for carrying goods on a trek; Telefomin, Papua New Guinea.
35mm slide, polyester
- Production date
- 15 January 1964
Height: 2.40 centimetres (image)
Height: 5 centimetres (mount)
Width: 3.60 centimetres (image)
Width: 5 centimetres (mount)
- Curator's comments
- Bryan Cranstone's, British Museum fieldwork images, from an expedition in 1963 - 64.
The title of this box of slides reads: "N.G.E. 1964, TIFALMIN
TECHNOLOGY. BONE CAVES. EELS. MUMU. MEDICAL. KOWANTIN. SHIELDS. TRAVEL. ELECTION."
Mount notes: this transparency was in a box with handwritten notes: "Carries waiting for pay, Bufalmin 15/1/64".
This collection of slides relates to the prints in the BM collection Oc,B107 and B108.
- Not on display
- The adhesive on the label with handwritten inscription that had been attached to the matt of this transparency has failed, and the label is now detached.
- Associated events
- Associated Event: British Museum Expedition to Papua New Guinea 1963 - 1964
- Acquisition notes
- Photographs taken on a British Museum Expedition to Papua New Guinea between December 1963 and May 1964 (B.A.L. Cranstone, Assistant Keeper, and D.J. Lee, Museum Assistant).
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number
- Additional IDs
Miscellaneous number: NG.E.81 (Cranstone number)