carte-de-visite(black and white)
- Museum number
- Object: William Blackmore Coll. Album 9
Photograph, oval studio portrait of Charles Keokuk the Grandson of Keokuk, senior, the famous chief of the Sacs and Foxes; sitting on a chair, he is wearing head band, necklaces and garment.
Albumen print; Carte-de-visite
- Production date
Height: 10.60 centimetres
Width: 6.20 centimetres
- Curator's comments
- The child is Charles Keokuk son of Moses Keokuk; Charle's Grandfather was the famous chief Keokuk. The first Sauk & Fox delegation of 1868 was in Washington, D.C., from March 1st to August 14th.
- Not on display
- faded but clear enough to use.
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- The 'Disposal book of the Salisbury South Wilts and Blackmore Museum No. 1 1928-1952' reports the disposal of a: "Photographs of North American Indians and miscellanea" given to the Department of Ceramics and Ethnography of the British Museum. It is dated 24th February 1932.
- Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- Registration number