- Museum number
Bronze medal. (whole)
Bust of Archbishop John Tillotson, right, in clerical robes. (obverse)
- Production date
Diameter: 23.000 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- Medallic Illustrations 2, published in 1885, states:
This was struck by Dassier to range with his small medals of the Reformers, many years after the death of the Archbishop.
John Tillotson was made Dean of Canterbury in 1672, and Dean of St. Paul's in 1689, and on the deprival of Sancroft was consecrated Archbishop of Canterbury. He was buried in the Church of St. Lawrence Jewry, where he had preached for over thirty years.
See Snelling, Thomas, ‘A View of the Copper Coin and Coinage of England, &c.’, London, 1766 (fol.), xxix. 7.
- Not on display
- Associated events
- Commemoration of: Death of Tillotson
- Acquisition date
- Coins and Medals
- Registration number
- C&M catalogue number
MB2 (Medallic Illustrations 2) (105) (331)