- Museum number
Cast lead medal, pierced. No reverse. (whole)
Bust of Mary, Queen of Scots, right, hair in small curls, cap with veil behind, falling upon the shoulders, small ruff, gown buttoned to the throat. (obverse)
- Production date
- 1572 (circa)
Diameter: 67 millimetres
- Curator's comments
- Jones 1
This obverse is also found with an alien reverse of Constantia with the legend 'SVPERANDA OMNIS F0RTVNA'.
1. J.-D. Köhler: 'Historische Münz-Belustigung' vol. V p. 233.
2. Van Mieris, vol. III p. 436.
3. Armand I, p. 277 no. 10 (with reverse).
4. Mazerolle II, no. 299.
- On display (G46/dc6/s2/p1/no19)
- Acquisition date
- Acquisition notes
- Presented by G. F. Hill, from the sale of the Wagner Collection, Christie's 22.1.1925, lot 60.
- Coins and Medals
- Registration number
- C&M catalogue number
MB1 (Medallic Illustrations 1) (118) (52)