28 March – 29 September 2013
This exhibition is now closed
In collaboration with
Recommend this exhibition
Open daily 10.00–17.30
Open late* on Fridays until 20.30.
Closing starts from 17.20 (20.20 on Fridays)
Last admission is 16.10 (19.10 on Fridays)
Tuesday mornings from 09.00:
17, 24 September
Friday evening until 21.40:
Saturday mornings from 09.00:
21, 28 September
Saturday evening until 21.40:
Sunday evening until 21.40:
Monday evening until 22.40:
Thursday evening until 19.40:
Friday evening until 22.40:
Saturday evening until 22.40:
Sunday morning from 09.00:
Sunday evening until 22.40:
The exhibition is closed between 10.00 and 12.00 for school
visits on the following days.
On these days the first available timeslot to purchase will be 12.00-12.10.
8, 23 September
Reading Room, British Museum, Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Cafés and restaurant
Enjoy an exhibition-inspired menu at the restaurant or one of the cafés. To book at table at the restaurant: +44 (0)20 7323 8990 BMrestaurant@benugo.com
Tickets on the day
There will be a limited number of tickets for
exhibition entry on the same day will be available to purchase
at the Ticket Desk in the Great Court. They are likely to sell out
quickly so do come early to avoid disappointment. You may also need
to wait between your ticket purchase and your timed exhibition
entry. To get free unlimited entry to the exhibition, become a
Special group rates are available for weekday visits. To book group tickets: +44 (0)20 7323 8181 firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition multimedia guides are available to buy on the day of visit at the exhibition entrance.
Tactile and Braille books, and large print guides are available in the exhibition. Audio description guides are free to visually impaired vistors. For more access information, please contact the Museum's Access and Equality Manager on +44 (0)20 7323 8506.
Before you enter
- Only small bags will be allowed into the exhibition (max size 35x33x13cm)
- Coats, umbrellas, etc. should be left in the cloakrooms (max size 40x40x50cm and max weight 8kg)
- The cloakroom is to the left of the Main entrance. £1.50 per item
- When maximum cloakroom capacity is reached the Museum cannot accept any more items
- The Museum reserves the right to search any bags or personal items being taken into the exhibition.
While you are in the exhibition
- Do not use photographic or video recording equipment
- Do not carry or consume any food or drink
- Set your mobile phone to silent
*The Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours.