Open daily 10.00–17.30. Open late* on Fridays until 20.30 (last entry 70 minutes before closing)
For the quickest route to the Museum:
Tactile and Braille books, and large print guides are available in the exhibition. Audio description guides are free to all visually impaired visitors.
For more access information, please contact the Museum's Access
and Equality Manager on 020 7323 8506.
Explore Afghanistan's rich history with an events programme filled with talks, films, workshops and family activities.
Before you enter
- Only small bags will be allowed into the exhibition (maximum size 35x33x13cm).
- Coats, umbrellas, etc. should be left in the cloakrooms (max size 40x40x50cm and max weight 8kg)
- The main cloakroom is to the left of the Main entrance, there is another cloakroom at the Montague Place entrance. £1.50 per item
- The Museum reserves the right to search any bags or personal items being taken into the exhibition.
While you are in the exhibition
- Do not use photographic or video recording equipment
- Do not carry or consume any food or drink
- Set your mobile phone to silent
*The Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours
Image: Corinthian capital found at Ai Khanum, before 145 BC. National Museum of Afghanistan © Thierry Ollivier / Musée Guimet