3 October 2013 – 5 January 2014
Parental guidance advised
Supported by Shunga in Japan LLP
Part of Japan400
The exhibition will be closed all day on Saturday 14 December and until 12.00 on Sunday 15 December.
Recommend this exhibition
Open daily 10.00–17.30
(last entry 16.10)
Open late* on Fridays until 20.30
(last entry 19.10)
The exhibition will be closed all day on Saturday 14 December and until 12.00 on Sunday 15 December. 100 walk-up tickets for Sunday 15 December will be available on the day from 09.00 at the Museum’s Ticket Desk.
The exhibition and Museum will be closed on
24, 25 and 26 December 2013 and on 1 January 2014.
Rooms 90/91, British Museum, Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Please ask exhibition staff for exhibition information in large print. For more access information, please contact the Museum's Access and Equality Manager on +44 (0)20 7323 8506.
Find out further information about the facilities at the British Museum including cloakrooms and luggage restrictions.
Special group rates are available for weekday visits. To book group tickets call: +44 (0)20 7323 8181 or email email@example.com
Before you enter
- Only small bags will be allowed into the exhibition (max size 35x33x13cm)
- Coats, umbrellas, etc. should be left in the cloakrooms (max size 40x40x50cm and max weight 8kg)
- The cloakroom is to the left of the Main entrance (£1.50 per item)
- The Museum reserves the right to search any bags or personal items being taken into the exhibition.
While you are in the exhibition
- Do not use photographic or video recording equipment
- Do not carry or consume any food or drink
- Set your mobile phone to silent
*The Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours.